Description about B73FLY's EDXP-EU v1.10.1 [1.33.x]:
Enhanced Driving Experience v1.10.1 for Ets2 1.33.x game version
*EDXP is the acronym for "Enhanced Driving Experience".
New version 1.10.1:
- Fixed precipitation and thunder sounds for Snow Version (a common mistake I will probably keep making).
- Has not been reported for several versions. Geez...
- Compatibility update for version 1.33
- Trailer definition updates.
- Use of code "company_paint_job: true" for multiple liveries of trailers.
- NOTE: Addon for the Baltic DLC will come during December (exact date unknown).
This is a little mod package that I originally made for myself in order to make the driving
experience AND the in-game experience a little more "realistic". It contains several modifications to
definitions and sounds. It has remained private for several versions of ETS2...until now.
Here is an outline of what has changed:
- All AI cars, trucks, and buses have realistic engine torque and top speed.
- For every car, engine torque has been carefully researched. Each car will accelerate differently.
- Top speed for every car varies according to their tire specifications based on research from the Tire Rack website.
- Top speed for every truck is 90 km/h. They have been at their correct setting ever since, but I included them anyway to be sure.
- Trucks pulling some oversized loads will travel at 70 km/h.
- Top speed for the TEMSA Opalin is 100 km/h. This bus also has been at the correct setting.
- In traffic, there are more variety of trailers (empty and loaded).
- Combination Vehicles (CV) are included.
- Traffic density has been reworked.
- Special thanks to cipinho for letting me use part of his Real Traffic Density mod!
- Traffic signals have longer and realistic timings, but not to a point where you have
to wait for more than 2-3 minutes to cross a major intersection...unless you're in the left lane full of cars trying to turn left.
- Green light interval is 20 seconds.
- Amber (yellow) light interval is 3 seconds.
- 5-second delay interval between signals.
- Every signal (except major ones) is disabled from 23:00 to 05:00.
- Car, truck, and train sounds are emitted based on brand and engine specifications.
- Example: If you see an AI Scania with a V8 badge, you'll hear the actual V8 sound as it drives past.
- Buses utilize a specific diesel sound.
- Tire noises have been added to all AI vehicles.
- Horn sounds for both cars and trucks have changed...even though 95% of the time the AI doesn't
sound the horn, unless you intentionally stop your truck in the middle of the road.
- Bad Spring/Summer/Fall Weather
- Rainfall is slightly louder, noticeable during heavy precipitation.
- Feel Thor's power through your speakers with better thunder sounds!
- Bad Winter Weather
- When it is snowing, all you can hear is the sound of air (wind).
- Sounds have been added to various movers such as flags, hot air balloons, and commercial airliners.
This mod must be installed at a higher priority over other sound or AI mods.
*- Some trailers in AI traffic may not have cables connected, and this will cause annoying warnings in the console.
I suggest going into Gameplay settings and set trailer cables to only appear on your truck. (NO FIX)