Description about Fallout 2287 - Nuclear Winter Mod v1.0 for Fallout 4:
Download Fallout 2287 - Nuclear Winter Mod v1.0 for Fallout 4 game.
Inspired by mods like Frostfall and The Division, Nuclear Winter pits the Sole Survivor against the bitter cold of winter. With frosty aesthetics such as snow shaders, and visible breathing to immerse, you'll have to fight to stay warm with thick clothing and seek heat sources or fall victim to debilitating ailments and arctic conditions.
I noticed a lot of winter texture mods on nexus, but none of them had functional mechanics to go along with the aesthetic except for Frost.
That said, after working on Gas Masks of the Wasteland for a while, I felt like I had gained the skill to take on the challenge of a temperature system.
Inspired by Frostpunk, The Division, and mods like Frostfall, I finally decided to embark on making Fallout 2287: Nuclear Winter.
Nuclear Winter pits the Sole Survivor against the bitter cold of winter. With frosty aesthetics such as snow shaders, and visible breathing to immerse, you'll have to fight to stay warm with thick clothing and seek heat sources or fall victim to debilitating ailments and arctic conditions.
Mod Configuration Menu : Allows you to modify several of the features in the mod.
- Core Temperature: is the internal temperature of the Sole Survivor.The core temperature of the player dictates the severity of ailments that occur over time and if low enough, leads to death.
- Wetness: is a measure of how wet your character is. Standing in water, wading, swimming or sweating increase this.
- Ambient Temperature/Wind Speed: negatively affects your core temperature and is more intense depending on the weather.
- Heat Sources: are any object that produces a significant amount of heat. This usually pertains to sources of fire.
Fadingsignal’s Campsite mod also has a compatibility patch and some custom functionality so you can build heat sources on the go.
- Insulation: is your armors’ ability to maintain heat.Insulation is on a range from 0-100, 100 being totally insulated, 0 being
totally unprotected. The insulation value of clothing and armor depends on the material, thickness and coverage of the item.
To view your insulation, there is an aid item that is automatically added to your inventory upon mod initialization. Likewise, you may also assign a Hotkey in the MCM menu.
If an armor mod is not yet supported, you may add support through a tutorial in the optional downloads section OR use the MCM menu option
to 'Change Armor Insulation'. Allowing you to manually change the armors’ insulation value.
- Consumables/Helpful Items: There are several items that can give you temporary protection from the cold. Using these will help boost
your core temperature or act as utility.
- Food/Beverages: Cooked food will temporarily provide a heating bonus that will be added to your core temperatures rate of change.
+2.1F | +1.167C over 5 mins
- Alcohol: Consuming alcohol provides a short but potent core temperature heating bonus accompanied by an insulation penalty.
+3.15F | +1.75C over 3 mins
- HandWarmers: these packets create an exothermic reaction that provides a potent heating effect over a long duration.
+9F | +5.0C over 15 mins
-Blanket: While useless during travel, blankets provide a heating bonus while sleeping.
+1.2F | +0.67C times the # hours slept
-Water: H2O doesn’t provide any inherent benefits to your core temperature but will freeze over time while in below freezing temperatures.
- Ailments: Ailments are the result of hypothermia over an extended period. The severity of ailments is determined by the stage of hypothermia you are experiencing.
- Optional Files (in the installer):
- Frozen Ones: This plugin includes new frozen one ghouls textured by Wanaming0 that have deadly new abilities.
- Nuclear Winter Clothing: Outfit mashups by ABAC1312 that are more appropriate for winter. Adds sleeves to many short-sleeved outfits, and includes a few unique outfits.