Download mod KAMAZ-6345 Arctic v1.0 for SnowRunner game.
KAMAZ-6345 Arctic - few vehicles offer less utility than the Azov 42-20 Antarctic and fewer still can match the level of disappointment suffered by most after realizing the final vehicle unlock was surpassed by nearly every other platform--if there were any roles the Azov 42-20 could perform, there were at least 6 other platforms which could do the same task more efficiently. The value proposition for the Azov 42-20 was nonexistent.
Mission: This mod strives to gently overhaul the Azov 42-20 Antarctic, now the KAMAZ-6345 Arctic, by providing enhanced capabilities to increase the value proposition when weighed against other platforms. This mod has *NOT* been designed to make the KAMAZ-6345 overpowered / game-breaking--nearly all of the original driving quirks and attachment limitations still exist to both 1) preserve the spirit of the real vehicle and Saber Interactive's design choices and 2) nudge the player to adopt a multi-platform approach to the game rather than providing a single "uber-truck".
As such, the KAMAZ-6345 Arctic will provide much greater return on investment over the original vehicle as it is both lighter, mirroring the real vehicle's weight, and less prone to rolling over, but the player will still have to remain vigilant traversing highly uneven terrain. However, if driven adroitly, the KAMAZ can traverse any terrain in the game with ease.
Method: The KAMAZ 6345 retains all baseline Azov 42-20 capabilities / characteristics with the following changes / additions:
- Mass reduced from 27,000 kg to 16,000 kg to mirror the weight of the real world vehicle
- Utilizes the LAZ-8 T260, LAZ-8 T290, and IMZ-8 330-T engines; "B+, A-, A" power-to-weight rating respectively (same engine as the Tayga)
- The reduction in mass and the new powerplants provides the KAMAZ with best-in-class fuel economy (even when paired with the off-road gearbox)
- Center of gravity changed from "1.0, -1.0, 0" to "1.0, -0.6, 0"
- Wider stance; from "0" to "0.125"
- Note: The combination of a slightly wider stance and the change to COG provides greater stability than the ANK Mk 38 / raised Paystar (see attached images for approximate tipping point)
- Unlockable at level 1
- Most visuals unlocked at levels 10 through 18 (few remain level 26+)
To reflect the additional capabilities, the vehicle price has been increased to ~$185k.
Installation: Click to subscribe. This will not replace the original Azov 42-20; look for a separate "KAMAZ-6345 Arctic" listing in the RU truck store.
- This mod was intended for installation via subscribe; if you are installing manually and have other manually installed mods, conflicts will most likely occur; I cannot help troubleshoot.
- I have not tested this in MP; my assumption is it will not work unless all parties have the mod installed and / or have updated the vehicle within the initial.pak file
Tested on game version v5.3