1. More realistic and softer cabin movement;
2. Softer truck and trailer suspension;
3. Trailer is not so stable on high speed manoeuvres and while cornering;
4. User can loose control over the truck and trailer because of more realistic tyre and sway-bar settings;
5. Truck will accelerate and brake slower;
6. Improved driver body movement during driving and various manoeuvres;
7. More realistic engine/transmission/clutch settings;
8. It is harder to control the truck. Steering is not so arcade and easy;
9. Additional windshield wipers modes for all vanilla trucks.
New changes in 2.7:
Changes in v2.6:
Changes in v2.5:
New version 2.4:
Compatible game versions
¡Supported trucks! (for the actual ver. 2.7)
Mod support all trucks, but full support (which means tweaked chassis files) available only for trucks from vanilla game version.
Other truck/trailer mods can be adapted manually (see section "truck mod adaptation").
Important: you still can use this physics with truck mods without any adaptation, but in this case, chassis suspension behavior will be not as planned by mod...
Truck mod adaptation
1. Open truck mod archive, which you want to adapt to physics mod. Use winrar or 7zip for this, for example;
2. Go to def/vehicle/truck/truck_name*/chassis/;
3. You will find there some sii files, open all of them with windows notepad or some external editor like notepad++, akelpad etc;
4.1. Find these strings in truck chassis files:
residual_travel: 0.12 # 1st axle (this string sets suspension travel value for front axle. important: value after : may be different, for example not 0.12 but 0.13 or so). Change this value to 0.20;
You will also find residual_travel values for other axles, change their values to 0.11;
4.2. Find these string in truck chassis files:
kerb_weight: XXXX.X Where XXXX.X is some kerb weight for first axle. Decrease it by 1000kgs. Example kerb_weight: 5000.1 -----> kerb_weight: 4000.1
5. Save changes to all changed files, confirm file update in mod archive, when it will be requested by archiver tool;
6. Adaptation is ready. Play!
How to install this mod properly for ver.2.7
1. Extract all files from downloaded rar-archive to some temp folder;
2. Based on control device you use to play ETS2 (keyboard or steering wheel) and desired cabin movement (soft/normal), copy desired physics mod to MOD folder and enable it in Mod manager with lower priority, than truck/trailer mod (to avoid possible conflicts);
I very recommend to use gameplay and controls settings from provided jpg screenshots for better experience from this physics mod.
1.physics_normal_keyboard.scs - normal cabin suspension movement, for keyboard players;
2.physics_normal_swheel.scs - normal cabin suspension movement, for steering wheel players;
3.physics_soft_keyboard.scs - softer cabin suspension movement, for keyboard players;
4.physics_soft_swheel.scs - softer cabin suspension movement, for steering wheel players.
Tested on game version 1.33.x
You can post this mod wherever you want, but please keep original download links. Thank you!
Share / Download mod «Improved truck physics v2.8 by AlexeyP (1.33.x) for ETS2»
Download Links – Policy & Disclaimer
This document refers to links to third-party content/website, from both our website(s) and our official Social Media pages. External links are selected and reviewed when a page/post is published. However, we are not responsible for the content of external websites. If you would like us to remove a link to your website from NHS Choices, please Contact us (Admin) Note that unless you have a legal right to demand removal, such removal will be at our discretion.